Bankruptcy & Your 401(k)/IRA

Nowack & Olson: Bankruptcy, Real Estate and Foreclosure Defense Lawyers Serving Broward County and South Florida

Many people are worried that filing for bankruptcy will leave them with no assets — that although their debt will be discharged, they will be left with nothing on which to build a new life. One of people's biggest concerns is what filing bankruptcy will mean for their hard-earned retirement savings.

Buried in Debt?
We're Here to Help Now!
Helping Good People Through Difficult Financial Times

Nowack & Olson has been handling bankruptcy for south Floridians for more than 15 years. We have seen the laws change and we are well-versed in all areas of the federal Bankruptcy Code, and even helping to create new laws for the Florida Bankruptcy Code. We have a solid record of success.

Using both the Florida and the federal codes, we work to ensure that you get the maximum exemptions. Remember: Bankruptcy laws were developed to give you a new start, not to leave you destitute.

If your retirement savings/investments are in an Employment Retirement Income Security Act-qualified pension plan, your retirement assets are exempt. As with many federal laws, ERISA can be complicated and in order to ensure that your retirement accounts are covered under this law, it is best to contact Nowack & Olson so that we can accurately assess your assets.

Nowack & Olson: Providing a New Melody for Your Life

At the law firm of Nowack & Olson, we don't want you singing the same old song. For more than 15 years, we have worked with the bankruptcy courts to assure you of the best possible outcome for your case — ensuring that you receive all exemptions to which you are entitled, ensuring that you have diligent and effective counsel during this stressful time.

At Nowack & Olson, conveniently located in Fort Lauderdale and serving the greater south Florida area, our lawyers offer a welcoming, non-judgmental environment for your bankruptcy, real estate and foreclosure defense needs. For a free initial consultation, please contact the law firm of Nowack & Olson, PLLC, and start humming a new tune.