Miami Credit Repair Lawyer
Florida Credit Repair Attorney Serving Clients in Miami
Repairing your credit can seem like a daunting task in Miami if you are struggling with a significant amount of credit card debt or medical debt and have no path forward for settling accounts with creditors. Credit repair options can also be complicated for debtors who have faced identity theft and who are receiving constant calls from debt collectors about some debts that they owe, as well as phantom debts and fraudulent debts.
It is important to have good credit in order to have a strong financial future for yourself and for your family, and the dedicated Miami credit repair lawyers at Nowack & Olson, PLLC can help you to reach those goals.
Helping Miami Clients With Credit Repair Issues
At Nowack & Olson, PLLC, our team of lawyers provides counsel for a wide variety of clients with many different types of credit repair issues, including but not limited to the following:
- Repairing your credit after filing for bankruptcy;
- Getting back on track with creditors after facing an unexpected emergency, such as the loss of a job or a medical situation;
- Stopping debt collectors from harassing you;
- Negotiating debt settlements with creditors;
- Settling debts with third-party debt collectors;
- Correcting items on your credit report after you have faced identity theft; and
- Removing items from your credit report that are past the time limits on the Fair Credit Reporting Act (usually up to 7 years at most).
Dealing With Debt in Miami, Florida
If you are struggling with debt and it has affected your credit, you should know that there is no quick and easy solution to repairing your credit. While credit counseling companies make promises to debtors, you should know that consumers often do not get the credit repair help they need and ultimately end up filing for bankruptcy after destroying their credit even further. At Nowack & Olson, PLLC, we believe that consumer bankruptcy can be one of the best ways to repair your credit in the long run. Here is what we recommend:
- Consider filing for bankruptcy: You should meet with a Miami bankruptcy lawyer to determine whether Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy could be right for you, and then you should begin the process of filing for bankruptcy.
- Make a plan to repair your credit after your debts are discharged: Whether you have your debts discharged within a few months after filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy or within a few years after filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you should have a plan to repair your credit once you receive your bankruptcy discharge. You can begin with a budget that keeps you within your means, and slowly begin applying for credit again until your credit score is back where you want it to be.
Learn More from a Miami Credit Repair Lawyer
If you are having difficulty managing your debt and repairing your credit, you should speak with a Miami credit repair attorney about your options. You may be eligible to file for bankruptcy to get a fresh start and to begin rebuilding your credit. Whether you are planning to file for bankruptcy or not, one of our advocates can help you to fix items on your credit report and to make a plan for getting your financial identity in shape. Contact Nowack & Olson, PLLC today.