Florida Student Loan Debt Lawyer
Helping Student Loan Debt Disappear
Millions of Americans, many right here in Florida, are struggling with mounting student loan debt that seems to get worse every month. Today, total U.S. student loan debt amounts to $1.4 trillion, according to debt.org, and according to Forbes, there are over 2.5 million Americans with student loan debt greater than $100,000. This debt cripples those who are stuck under it, and can make everyday life so stressful and defeating that most people simply become further and further in debt. Don’t know what to do or who to turn to for help? Here at Nowack & Olson, PLLC, our experienced Florida student loan debt lawyers help seemingly impossible student loan debt become manageable.
Our Student Loan Debt Solutions Involve a Comprehensive Personalized Plan
The Florida student loan debt attorneys with Nowack & Olson, PLLC do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to tackling student loan debt. Depending on your specific circumstances and your federal or Florida student loan debt portfolio, we can help you get on top of your student loan debt with one or more of the following options:
- Rehabilitation—By making nine payments within 10 months, you can cure your default with loan rehabilitation;
- Loan consolidation—For eligible individuals, consolidating federal student loans is one option if you are able to begin an extended repayment plan.
- Federal student loan forgiveness—This program is designed for public servants, who in exchange for their service are eligible for short-term repayments without added tax consequences.
- Deferment / forbearance—If you have suffered a temporary financial or income setback, such as losing a job, you can postpone your loan payments for set amount of time with a deferment or forbearance;
- Loan cancellation;
- Administrative discharge; and
- Loan forgiveness.
Private Student Loan Debt
For those who have private student loan debt, we can also provide real solutions for you. You may be eligible for cancellation, bankruptcy discharge, or other options, such as a repayment program. This depends on your specific terms, which we can go over with you to determine the best course of action.
Federal and State Student Loan Repayment Plans
One of the most desirable options for those struggling to meet their student loan payments is to simply reformulate a payment plan that actually works for you. Based on your income, one of the following repayment plans may be a good option for you. These repayment plans enable you to repay the loan for a set amount of years, after which the remaining balance on your debt is forgiven.
- PAYE—Pay As You Earn
- REPAYE—Revised Pay As You Earn
- ICR—Income-Contingent Repayment
- IBR—Income-Based Repayment
Call a Florida Student Loan Debt Lawyer Today
No matter what your situation is, the student loan debt attorneys at Nowack & Olson, PLLC, we can help you find a solution that works. With law offices in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Boca Raton, and Jupiter, we can help you break the chains of your student loan debt for good. Call us at 866-907-2970 today for a free consultation.